Richard Gould

Richard GOULD (1553 – 1604) was Alex’s 13th Great Grandfather,  in this generation in the Shaw line.

John Gould - Coat of Arms

Richard Gould was born about 1553 in Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, England. His parents were Richard GOULD (1531 – 1558) and Jane  WEEDAN. He married Mary COLDER. Richard died in 1604 in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, , England

Mary Colder was born 1555 in Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, England. Mary died 1589 in Of Bovingdon, Hertfordshire, England

Children of Richard and Mary:

Name Born Married Departed
1. Richard Gould 1578 in Bovington, Herts, England Mary Golden (Golder, Colder)
c. 1600
9 Sep 1629 Bovingdon, Herts., England
2. Jeremiah (Jeremy) Gould 1581 in Bovingdon, Herts., England Priscilla Grover
27 Nov 1604
Chesham, Bucks., England
1654 in Bovingdon, Herts., England
3. John GOULD Sr. 1584 in Herts., England. Judith LANGLEY 1603 in Bovingdon, Herts, England. 11 Jul 1650  Herts., England
4. Sarah Gould 1588 in Hemel-Hempstead, Herts., England. Nathan Ware
1610 in Chesham, Bucks., England
Bovingdon, Herts., England
5. Zaccheus Gould 1589 in Hemel-Hempstead, Herts., England. Phebe Deacon c. 1618 in Hemel-Hempstead. 30 Mar 1668 – Topsfield, Essex, Mass.
6. Priscilla Gould? (See discussion below) 1590 in Aston Abbotts, Bucks., England John Putnam
Herts,or  Bucks.,  England
30 Dec 1662 in Salem, Essex, Mass

One set of Gould brothers were sons of Richard Gould of Bovingdon, Hertfordshire, England. Like most fathers of “Three Sons that Came to America” this father stayed home. For those of you who want more information, Benjamin Apthorp Gould published a very helpful genealogy about this family. The family of Zaccheus Gould of Topsfield. Lynn, Mass.: T.P. Nichols, 1895.


1. Richard Gould

Richard’s wife Mary Golden was born in 1604 in Bovington, Hertfordshire, England. Mary died Sep 1629 in England

2. John GOULD Sr. (See his page)

3. Jeremiah (Jeremy) Gould

Jeremiah’s wife Priscilla Grover was born 3 Jun 1582 in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, England. Her parents were William Grover and [__?__]. Priscilla died 1655 in Middletown, Newport, Rhode Island.

Jeremy was living in Aston Abbotts in 1631, but was in Rhode Island in 1638. He was at Weymouth, MA by 1641 and then moved Middletown, RI. Jeremy may have returned to England after Priscilla died.

Feb 1640/41 –  “Jeremy Gould of Rode Island yeoman & Will[ia]m Jeffreys of Weymouth … gent” were bound in £30, on the condition that on or before the following 24 Aug Gould would convey to Henry Waltham three acres of meadow in Weymouth [Lechford 372-73]. (William Jeffreys may already have been married to Jeremy Gould’s daughter Mary by the date of this transaction.).

Children of Jeremy and Priscilla:

i. Mary Gould d. 1675; m. William Jeffrey in 1640
In his will, dated 8 Dec  1674 and proved 9 Jan 1675, “William Jefferay of Newport [Rhode Island] … gent.” bequeathed to “my eldest daughter Mary Greene the wife of John Greene of Newport … lands … being in Blackman Street near the City of London which lands … were given me by … my mother Audry Jefferay late of Chittingly in … Sussex,” with a part of the rents reserved for “my wife Mary Jefferay”; to “my son Thomas Jefferay all the remainder of my estate in old England”; to “my daughter Sarah the wife of James Barker of Newport” £5; to “my two daughters Priscilla and Susannah Jefferay all my land and housing” in Newport, being twenty-five acres; daughter Mary Greene to be executrix; “my wife’s two brethren John and Danill Gould overseers” [RILE 1:66-67; Austin 112].

ii. Simon Gould

iii. Daniel Gould b. a 1625, d. 26 Mar 1716; m.  Wait Coggeshall, daughter of John Coggeshall and Mary [__?__], on 18 Dec 1651

Wait’s father John Coggeshall (Wiki) (1601 –  1647) was one of the founders of Rhode Island and the first President of all four towns in the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Coming from Essex, England as a successful merchant in the silk trade, Coggeshall arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1632 and quickly assumed a number of roles in the colonial government. In the mid 1630s he became a supporter of the dissident ministers John Wheelwright and Anne Hutchinson. When Hutchinson was tried as a heretic in 1637, Coggeshall was one of three deputies who voted for her acquittal. Hutchinson was banished from the colony in 1638, and the three deputies who voted for her acquittal were also compelled to depart.

Before leaving Boston, Coggeshall and many other Hutchinson supporters signed a compact in March 1638 agreeing to form a government based on the individual consent of the inhabitants. They then established the new colony of Portsmouth on Aquidneck Island, also called Rhode Island, in the Narragansett Bay, later one of four towns comprising the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
From pictures of pages of a Gould family Bible:
“This Bible is the property of Henry Gould of Newport RI and the following family record is made at his request by his cousin Stephen Gould 3rd Mo(nth) 1 (st day) 1819.”

“Jeremiah Gould married Priscilla Grover in England and came over with is wife to this country about the year 1642. His sons were Thomas, John and Daniel. The two former died without issue. Daniel married Wait Coggeshall the daughter of John Coggeshall the first president of the colony and from this marriage has all the Rhode Island Goulds descended.

Daniel was a man emminent in his day being among those who first embraced Quaker principles in New England, became a minister in the society, contending earnestly for the faith once (word indistinct) to the saints, and suffered imprisonment and whiping in Boston for the same.”

In 1659, Daniel, a recent convert of the Quakers, was sentenced to be whipped with 30 stripes and to depart the town within five days. If he failed to depart, he would be placed in jail. This shows how serious the community took the “approved” religion and how they treated dissenters. .

iv. Thomas Gould d. 20 Aug 1693; m. Elizabeth Baulston, daughter of William Baulston and Elizabeth [__?__], in 1655 Elizabeth first married 17 Jun 1647, Portsmouth, Newport, RI to Major John Coggeshall,son of President John Coggeshall, but divorced 25 May 1655

The married life of John Coggeshall with Elizabeth Baulston seems to be an unhappy one. After having three children born to them, he petitioned to the General Assembly for a divorce, which was granted May 25, 1654. In 1655 he was given liberty to contract a new marriage, and the same privilege was granted to her, she marrying Thomas Gould of South Kingstown. The second wife of John Coggeshall was Patience, daughter of John Throckmorton [fn 2] of Providence, R.I., whom he married December, 1655. She died Newport, R.I., Sept. 7, 1676, aged 36 years. Of his third wife, Mary, nothing is known, except the fact that she is so mentioned in his will.

v. Henry Gould baptized on 12 July 1631 in Aston Abbotts, England

vi. John Gould d. 1680; m. Margaret [__?__]

4. Sarah Gould

Sarah’s husband Nathan Ware was born in 1580 in Bovingdon, Hertfordshire, England.

5. Zaccheus Gould

Zaccheus’ wife Phebe Deacon was born in Apr 1597 in Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England. Her parents were Thomas Deacon (1560 – 1596) and Martha Field (1579 – 1663). Phebe died 20 Sep 1663 in Topsfield, Essex, Mass.

According to Professor Gould, Phebe, wife of Zaccheus Gould, was a daughter of Thomas and Martha Deacon of Corner Hall. Thomas Deacon of Corner Hall was the father of Thomas, born in 1609, who was B.A. Oxford, 1627, and grandfather of Lt. Col. Thomas Deacon, the Parliamentary soldier. It is probable that the Thomas Deacon of Corner Hall, called grandfather by John Gould, was born some years prior to 1585. Bovington the home of the Goulds and of the Deacons is part of Hempstead, and is but eight miles from Tring. It is an interesting coincidence that Richard Deacon, the Queen’s secretary, purchased the two chief manors in Stewkley, Barns and Littlecote, in 1503, which in 1521 he gave by will to his son Richard who was of Marston Morteyn, Beds., and died 1543.

Zaccheus lived in Hemel, Hampstead England and later in Great Misseden, where he was assessed in 1629.

Zaccheus  came to America with his family and the first record of him is in Weymouth Mass. where in 1639 he bought land from his brother Jeremy. He was one of the executors of of the will of Henry Russell, of Weymouth the same year. He moved to Lynn and in 1640 owned a mill on the Saugus River. He rented lands there in 1640,

In 1640 he signed a petition to the governor for exemption from training during seed time, harvest and during haying.

“To the right worshipful Governor, Council and Assistants and the rest of the General Court now assembled, October 7, 1640.

The humble petition of Zaccheus Gould of Lynn, husbandman, in behalf of himself and all other husbandman in the country—

Sheweth that wheras Husbandry and tillage much concern the good of this Commonwealth, and your petitioners have undertaken the managing and tilling of divers farms in this country and sowing of English Corn, their servants are oftentimes drawn from their work to train, in seed time, hay time and harvest, to the great discouragement and damage of your petitioners, and your petitioner the said Zaccheus Gould for himself saith that for one day’s training this year he was much damnified in his hay. And forasmuch as fishermen upon just grounds are exempted from training because their trade is also for the Commonwealth,

Your petioners humbly pray that this Court will be pleased to take the premises into their grave consideration and thereupon to give order for the encouragement of your petitioners who are husbandmen employed about English grain, that they and their servants be exempted from ordinary trainings in seed time, hat time and harvest. And your petitioners shall as their duty binds them pray etc.”

The General Court agreed with this petition and gave much discretion to the local officials for the “avoiding of loss of time and the opportunities of the furtherance of husbandry.”

He moved to Ipswitch which became Topsfield about 1644 and was one of the petitioners for Topsfield as a town in 1650. He purchased from William Paine the homestead in Topsfield where he lived and died.

In 1644, Zaccheus petitioned the General Court to have the section of Ipswich he lived incorporated as a separate town from Ipswich. The General Court agreed to this on October 18, 1650;

“In answer to the request of Zaccheus Gould and William Howard of Topsfield, the Court doth grant that Topsfield shall henceforth be a town, and have power within themselves to order all civil affairs, as other towns have.”

Zaccheus Gould, William Paine and Brian Hamilton sent the General Court a petition concerning the name of their new town.

“We humbly Intreate this honored Court that you wold be pleased to bestowe a name upon our village at the new medowes at Ipswich which wee suppose may bee an incoragment to others to Come to live amongst us: and also a meanes to further a ministry amongst us, wee think that hempsteed will be a fit name if the Court please to gratify us herewith.’

The General Court replied;

“This dept. have granted this Pet. wth Refference to the Consent of or honoured magists.”
Wm Torrey by order &c
The magtrs (upon conference wth som of the principall [persons] interested) doe thinke it fitt it should be called Toppesfeild weh they referre to the consent of ye brn the Deptyes.
Jo. Winthrop:Gov

This change in name was probably due to the influence of one of the governor’s assistants, Samuel Symonds, who was from Topsfield, England.

He took the oath of fidelity 30 Sep 1651 but was never admitted a freeman. The farm in Topsfield was in the Gould family for several generations. The first house was a block house to defend the inhabitants from the Indians and a garrison was kept at that time. The third house was built in 1724 or soon after and was destroyed by fire in 1878. On its site a fourth house was erected which was occupied by David Pingree. Zaccheus died in 1668 and his wife Phebe on 20 Sep 1663.

Zaccheus appeared in Ipswich Court on a number of occasions. On Jan 26 1650/51, Richard Shatswell brought a complaint against him. Shatswell claimed that he took one of his mares that had strayed from his farm. The court found for Shatswell and Zaccheus had to return the mare. A related suit involved a charge of slander brought against Joseph Fowler by Zaccheus. Apparently, Fowler had called Zaccheus a horsethief. The court awarded Zaccheus damages of 10 pounds.

On Apr 24, 1656 Zaccheus was arraigned, in the Ipswich Court, for absence from meeting on the Lord’s Day.

Zaccheus seems to have been a man of liberality in his theological ideas; maintaining friendly relations with Quakers and with Baptists, although both were proscribed.

29 Mar 1659 – Zaccheus was brought before the Ipswich Court on charges that he had disturbed the church services. He was accused of having “sat down on the end of the table about which the minister and scribe sit, with his hat full on his head and his back toward all the rest. Although spoken to by the minister and others he altered not his posture. He spoke audibly when the minister was speaking” Witnesses against him in this case were Captain William Perkins and Isaac Cummings. Isaac Cummings appears to have been involved in a number of court cases against Zaccheus. In this case the court ordered that Zaccheus be “admonished”.

In another case, Zaccheus Gould was found guilty of entertaining Quakers and fined 3 pounds. This fine was later remitted in the spring of 1660. This was apparently because Zaccheus’ property had sustained some serious losses due to a fire.

His nephew, Daniel Gould, a recent convert of the Quakers, was sentenced to be whipped with 30 stripes and to depart the town within five days. If he failed to depart, he would be placed in jail. This shows how serious the community took the “approved” religion and how they treated dissenters. Zaccheus himself seemed to be fairly liberal about religious matters, being friendly both to the Baptists and the Quakers, neither of whom were looked upon with favor by the prevailing religion

25 Nov 1658 – Zaccheus Gould of Topsfield deputed “John Putnam of Salem, the younger, his cousin” to be his attorney. (Essex Court Records, IV, 100). In an account book of John Gould, grandson of Zaccheus, born 1662, died 1724, is found an entry by him as follows, “Grandfather Gould lived in Buckinghamshire, and Grandfather Deacon in Hertfordshire, in Hempstead town in Corner Hall.” In this same book are references to John Putnam, a contemporary, alluded to as “cousin.

Children of Zaccheus and Phebe:

i. Phebe Gould b. 27 Sep 1620 in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England; m. ca. 1640 Topsfield, Mass to Thomas Perkins (son of our ancestor John PERKINS) d. 7 May 1686 Topsfield, Essex, Mass.

ii. Priscilla Gould b. 27 Sep 1620 in Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England; m. John Wildes 23 Nov 1663 in Topsfield, Essex, Mass; d. 16 Sep 1663 Topsfield, Essex, Mass

After Priscilla died, John married Sarah Averill (wiki) (1627 – July 19, 1692) who was executed for witchcraft during the Salem witch trials.

Sarah (Averill) Wildes (1627 – July 19, 1692) was executed for witchcraft during the Salem witch trials. She was one of seven children born to William Averell. She married English immigrant John Wildes (born 1616) and had a son, Ephraim. Ephraim held the positions of town treasurer and constable during the period of the conspiracy. Constable Ephraim Wildes was ordered by the Marshall, George Herrick, to arrest Deliverance Hobbs. Hobbs, whether through coercion or not, made a jailhouse confession and implicated Sarah Wildes as a witch. Perhaps  she made the accusation for spite of her arrest by Ephraim. She also accused several of John’s children. This opened the door for the power hungry leaders of Salem church to target John and descimate his family. The official complaint was made, of course, by Thomas Putnam.

As this thing quickly blossomed with further jailhouse confessions with the hope of saving themselves, most of John Wild’s children were accused and it was by order of Marshall Herrick that Constable Ephraim Wild arrest them. Ephraim was probably not terribly popular at family barbecues from then on.

The Marshall had some pity on Ephraim, however, and spared him from arresting his own mother. The Marshall did that job himself. John’s daughter Sarah and her husband Edward Bishop were arrested but Edward’s son paid off Sheriff Corwin to enable their escape from the jail to Rehoboth.

Now, Sarah was no saint. As a young woman Wildes was considered glamorous and forward, and rumor had it that she had once engaged in illicit sex. She had been fined for wearing a silk scarf.

When one of Sarah Wildes’ new stepchildren, Jonathan Wildes, began to behave strangely, some took it for demonic possession, and the suspicions against Sarah Wildes continued to simmer.

There were many incidents where she aggravated people.  One such incident involved John and Joseph Andrew. In 1674, while cutting the hay in their field in Boxford, one of them broke his scythe. They went to John Wild’s house to borrow one to use in the interim of having theirs either repaired or acquiring a new one. Sarah was home when they got there and she told them she had no scythe available for them to borrow. There were no other family members there. A neighbor who was visiting was also there. He told them he saw John Jr.’s scythe hanging in the tree next to the house and that they should take it a speak with John Jr. on the way. They said they would do just that. In response, Sarah’s reply was (angrily), “It is a brave world where every one did as they would.”

They had not gone far when they were overtaken by young Ephraim. He said he was sent by his mother and that she said, “We had best bring the sith back again, or Elce it should be a a dear sith to us.” (Quote from Sarah’s witch trial court transcript).

They subsequently asked John Jr.’s permission and, having gotten it, went back to work. After the wagon was filled with their second load of the day, the 6 oxen could not budge the wagon. One of the wagon wheels sank almost up to the axel where they had to unload almost all the hay to move it. One brother, Joseph, said to the other he thought it was because Goody Wild was in the cart. Once the wagon was free and reloaded and they were on their way, they came to a treacherous downhill grade in the trail. Joseph saw a small animal near a stump, the oxen bolted, and the wagon overturned at the bottom where the brook is. They righted the cart, reloaded it, and could not get the ropes to bind tight, try as they might. To all this, they attribute their bad day to the witchcraft of Goody Wild.

Wildes was condemned by the Court of Essex County for the practice of witchcraft. She was executed by hanging in Salem, Massachusetts, on July 19, 1692 at 65 years of age.

All Priscilla’s living children were accused of witchcraft and arrested by their half brother Ephriam the town constable.

Family enmity had deep roots.  In 1686, John Wildes had turned in his brother-in-law, John Gould, son of Zaccheus, as a traitor  for seditious speech  against Edmund Andros.   John Gould eventually apoligized and was released with a 50 pound fine.  (See John Gould’s story below)

The 1689 Boston revolt three years later was a popular uprising on April 18, 1689, against the rule of Sir Edmund Andros, the governor of the Dominion of New England. A well-organized “mob” of provincial militia and citizens formed in the city and arrested dominion officials.  Leaders of the formerMassachusetts Bay Colony then reclaimed control of the government. In other colonies, members of governments displaced by the dominion were returned to power.

iii. Mary Gould b. 12 Dec 1621 in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England; m. John Reddington 1648 in Topsfield, Essex, Mass; d. 15 Nov 1690 Ipswich, Essex, Mass

After Priscilla Gould Wildes’ death and his remarriage to Sarah Averill, John Wild was no longer a member of the Gould family.   Mary Gould Reddington, started spreading rumors as early as 1686 that Sarah practiced witchcraft.    During this period, the husband was totally responsible for anything and everything his wife did. Therefore, John Wild threatened to sue John Reddington for liable as a result of Mary’s gossiping if her accusations were not retracted. John Reddington begged him not to as he would surely lose everything. John Reddington assured John Wild that no further rumors regarding Sarah and witchcraft would come from Mary. The damage, however was already done.

iv. Martha Gould b. 15 Jun 1623 in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England; m. John Newmarch 7 Mar 1646; d. 1699 Ipswich, Essex, Mass

v. Capt. John Gould b. 21 Jun 1635 in Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England; m. Sarah Baker 14 Oct 1660 in Ipswich, Essex, Mass; d. 26 Jan 1710 Topsfield, Essex, Mass

John was a prominent member of the Topsfield community. He served as a selectman for a number of years including a stretch of 14 straight years.

John became involved with a plan to create a foundry where iron could be smelted. In 1668, a company, The Iron Works at Rowley Village, was started on land owned by John. After about a dozen years the foundry was abandoned and John became owner of the abandoned land and works. The house that was on the property he later sold to his son Samuel who lived there for years. The house lasted until the 19th century.

In 1671, John was in court because of a long-standing problem he had had with his minister. It appears that the minister, Rev. Thomas Gilbert, had a problem with drink. In 1670, he was charged with intemperance. He was described as going “into the pulpit in a disordered state, which he had betrayed by the confusion of his thoughts and the clipping of his words, and especially by forgetting the order of the exercises”. For the Gould’s this came to a head in 1671 with the following court cases;

“Mr. Thomas Gilbert v. Ensign John Gould, for Sary Gould’s defaming him. Verdict for defendant.
Also an action for assault. Verdict for plaintiff. Fine 20s.
Also another action of slander, for saying he was a lying in the pulpet. Verdict for defendant.
Ensign John Gould in behalf of his wife Sarah, v. Mr. Thomas Gilbert. Action of slander. Verdict for plaintiff. 40s.”

In 1675/76 John Gould served in the Narragansett campaign. He was in the “Three-County Troop” under the command of Captain Hutchinson and later under Captain Wheeler. Later, John became a Lieutenant and commanded the Topsfield company of militia.

In 1685, King James II appointed Edmund Andros as the Royal Governor of Mass. This appointment led to serious unrest. John Gould became involved in the controversy and with the help of some old enemies of the Gould’s was in serious trouble. A Warrant was issued for his arrest:

“Case of John Gould, charged with Treason Boston, Sc.
To the Keeper of his Majesty’s Jail in Boston.

The President of his Majesty’s Territory & Dominion of New England, with the Deputy President and others of his Majesty’s Council, in Council assembled, the 5th day of August, 1686, having received information upon the oaths of ISAAC CUMMINGS, JOHN WILD [John’s brother-in-law], & JOHN HOW, of several treasonable and seditious words, spoken by JOHN GOULD of Topsfield, against our Soverign Lord the King, &c. These are, therefore in his Majesty’s name to require you to take into your custody the body of the said JOHN GOULD, and him safely keep until he shall be delivered by due course of law, and for so doing this shall be your warrant, given at the Council House in Boston, the said 5th day of August, Anno Dom.1686, Annoque RR. Jacobi Dei Gratia Angliae &c,— secundi
Vera Copia Ed. Randolph, Sec.

John Gould petitioned the Council and the reply was;

By the President and Council of His Majesty’s Territory and Dominion of New England
Upon reading the petition of John Gould, now prisoner in the jail of Boston, desiring liberty of the Prison yard to walk in, by reason of his indisposition of body. It is ordered That the Prison keeper do permit the said John Gould, to have the benifit of the Prison yard, to walk in during his sickness (the keeper taking care the said Gould make not an escape) till further order.
Ed. Randolph, Sec’ry

Another document read;

Council House, Boston August 12, 1686
New England, Sc.
Rex contra Gould, in Sessione Speciali, 19th August , 1686

The Jurors for our Soverign Lord, the King, do upon their oaths present that JOHN GOULD, SEN, otherwise called LIEUT. GOULD, of Topsfield, in the County of Essex, husbandman, by force and arms, that is to say, between the 23d and 30th of May, in the second year of the reign of our Soverign Lord &c, being evilly affested against our most sacred Lord the King, aforesaid, his supreme and natural Lord, and devising with all his might, and intending to disturb the peace and common tranquillity of this his Majesty’s Territory & Dominion of New England, as the same is now settled by his Majesty’s Royal Commission under his great Seal of England, and the introducing again of the late Government, dissolved by law, at a Riotous Muster of armed men gathered together by him, the aforesaid JOHN GOULD as their pretended officer at Topsfield aforesaid, in the year aforesaid, he the said JOHN GOULD as aforesaid, then and there being, did against the duty of his Allegience, and in terror of his Majesty’s liege people, maliciously, wickedly, seditously, treasonably and advisedly speak and utter these malicious treasonable and seditious speeches following, viz: If the Country was of his mind, they would keep Salem Court with the former Magistrates, and if the Country would go the rounds, he would make the first, and would go & keep Salem Court, and would have his company down to do it. And further, he, the said JOHN GOULD as aforesaid, on or about the 11th day of July, at Topsfield aforesaid, in the County aforesaid, in the year aforesaid, Maliciously, advisedly and treasonably, did say and utter these malicious, treasonable and seditious words following, viz: That he was under another Governmant, and had sworn to another Government, and did not know this government, and this in manifest contempt of his majesty’s laws and Government here in New England, to the evil and pernicious example of all others in the like case offending, and against the peace of our said Soverign Lord the King, his Crown and dignity.

John Gould decided to make amends with the government and wrote the government a petition expressing his sorrow at the whole affair. The governments reply was;

By the President & Council of His Majesty’s Territory of New England
Upon reading the petition of JOHN GOULD, and considering the poverty of his family, it is ordered, That upon the payment of 50 pounds in money, and charges of Prosecution the remainder of his fine be respited, and he be released of his imprisionment, he giving bonds for his good behavior, according to order of Court.
Aug. 25th, 1686 Ed. Randolph, Secretary

This unrest came to a head in April of 1689 when news of the landing of the Prince of Orange in England, became known. They rose in insurrection and asked the former governor Bradstreet to face Andros. Bradstreet demanded that Andros surrender the government and Boston’s fortifications. Andros refused and took refuge in the fort where he was soon forced to surrender. He was imprisoned in the same jail John Gould had been in. In the following July, Andos was sent back to England and Bradstreet elected governor, a position he served until 1692 when Sir William Phips arrived with a new Charter.

According to Daniel Gould, John’s great-grandson, John

” was a high liberty man. He lost his commission as Captain of the company, under the tyrannical administration of Governor Sir Edmund Andros for saying at the head of the company that ‘ if they were all of his mind, they would go and mob the governor out of Boston.’ Information of which was given to Governor Andros by one JOHN HOW of Topsfield, who it appears was as great a tyrant as the governor himself; and also was an envious and self-conceited man, so that when he was asked by the Governor, who should be appointed in the place of Captain Gould, answered, ‘The eyes of the people are upon myself, Sir!’ Accordingly Capt. Gould was displaced and said How was appointed in his room. But Captain How, in his turn was himself afterwards deposed, upon the revolution which took place in England, and Mary and William ascended the British throne in 1692. And Captain Gould was again commissioned as captain of the company in August 1696, by William Stoughton Esq, Lieut. Governor, and at this time Commander in Chief.”

Apparently this feud between Gould and How started about 1675. The Rev. Joseph Capen of Topsfield describes how it started;

“June 13, 1692. A church meeting was at my house which was to see if they could put an end to the difference that has been between Lieut. Gould and Capt. How and Jacob Towne, senr. Capt. How did then take some blame to himself with respect to an oath which he had taken against Lieut. Gould, about 16 or 17 years before, about Lieut. Gould his not restraining the Indians that were about his house. Capt. How did own that, although the substance of the oath was true, yet being not so safely worded as might have been, was sorry that he had not perused that said oath better, before he took it. Also that he was heartly sorry that he had been an occasion of so much trouble to Lieut. Gould in Sir Edmund’s time, as also that he had spoken publickly, in the Court at Boston, anything that might be taken to Reflect on the town of Topsfield, in saying because he was for Resignation he was so maligned that he was afraid of his life, although he intended it not as to the Town in general, but 2 or 3 particular persons.

Ensign Towne that was also complained of for signing false things to the Court against Lieut. Gould being made choice of for a captain, Ensign Towne did own that whereas he had said in the writing that there were but 27 votes for Lieut. Gould, and several of them boys, and so not legal voters, as also that the major part of the Town would attest to those things, in those two expressions he owned his error in subscribing to, whereas he did not so intend or understand and that for the future he would be more cautious to what he did set his hands. The Church did then upon Capt. How and Ensign Towne their owning these things, in which the church did apprehend them to be blameworthy, the church did then by their votes particularly declare their satisfaction with them.

And at the same time Lieut. Gould being called to an account for his withdrawing from the sacrament so long, looking on these things which he objected against Capt. How as being no grounds to withdraw his communion from the rest of the church, he did so far fall under it as to express sorrow for any offence in the matter which he had given the church. Whereupon the church passed a vote for to express their willingness that he should again partake with them at the Lord’s table.

Also at the same time, Lieut. Gould and Capt. How, in token of their mutual forgiveness as to whatever had been previous between tem, did take each other by the hand, promising better for the future. Also Ensign Towne and Lieut. Gould did the like.”

The original dispute arose over a group of Indians who were encamped near John Gould’s house. John did not feel that they were hostile, and allowed them to stay despite that fact that his neighbor, Capt. How, wanted them out of the area and entreated Gould to drive them off. Gould laughed at this suggestion and refused. Howe took this as a personal; affront and the enmity lasted between them for years.

Meanwhile John Gould resumed his position of esteem and leadership in Topsfield. He was again elected as selectman and in 1690 chosen to be the deputy of Topsfield to the General Court. John Gould died at the age of 75.

6. Priscilla Gould

It’s possible that Priscilla was Zacchues’ sister-in-law rather than his sister. See discussion below.

Priscilla’s husband John Putnam was born Jan 17 1580 in Wigrave, Buckinghamshire, England. His parents were Nicholas Putnam (1546 – 1598) and Margaret Goodspeed (1556 – 1619). John died Dec 30 1662 in Salem Village, Essex, Mass.

John Putnam, the founder of the Salem family. His father, Nicholas, had inherited from his youngest brother, Richard, an estate in lands in Wingrave bequeathed him by their father. No record of the transfer of this property by Nicholas has been found, yet at the latter’s death, he then being of Stewkley, there is no mention of the Wingrave property. Nicholas, however, gave to his son John his house and lands in Aston Abbotts, of which we have found no record as to how he became possessed.

The Putnam farm was probably in Burstone, a locality adjoining Rowsham in Wingrave. John probably lived in Stewkley with his parents until his father’s death, and then being of age capable to conduct a farm, seems to have taken possession of the property given him by his father and to have continued in possession, occupying himself with its care, until his migration to New England.

In 1614, when his name appears on his mother’s marriage license as one of the sureties, he is described as husbandman. No further mention is found of him in England, except upon the occasions of the baptism of his children, who were baptized at Aston Abbott

Who his wife was can only be conjectured, but there is good reason to believe she was Priscilla Deacon, of the family of that name of Corner Hall, in Hemel Hempstead. John was perhaps married in 1611 or 1612. The marriage records for this period are missing from the Wingrave register, and the register for Hemel Hempstead is lost.

On November 25, 1658, Zaccheus Gould of Topsfield deputed “John Putnam of Salem, the younger, his cousin” to be his attorney. (Essex CourtRecords, IV, 100). In an account book of John Gould, grandson of Zaccheus, born 1662, died 1724, is found an entry by him as follows, “Grandfather Gould lived in Buckinghamshire, and Grandfather Deacon in Hertfords hire, in Hempstead town in Corner Hall.” In this same book are references to John Putnam, a contemporary, alluded to as “cousin.” Jeremy Gould, a brother of Zaccheus, had a wife (Priscilla Grover) and was living in Aston Abbotts in 1631, but was in Rhode Island in 1638. Another brother of Zaccheus was John Gould, who lived in Bovington, and had a daughter Priscilla (who married a Grover and had in turn a daughter named after her) and also a neice Priscill a Ware. Neither of those were of suitable age to have married with John Putnam.

Both John Putnam and Zaccheus Gould named daughters “Phoebe.” Cousin was a term in use in the early part of the 17th century to indicate nephew, and as there appears no opportunity for a Putnam -Gould marriage either way, the only alternative is to adopt the suggestion that John Putnam and Zaccheus Gould had married sisters.

John Putnam was well equipped for the work of founding a home in a country, both in ability and financial resources. There is a entry in Lechford’s Note Book under date of December 27,1639, (22 Feb., 1640, our reckoning), “For drawing Articles for Mr. Cradocke& Gould and Putnam (6s .).” Just what these articles related to is not revealed, but the reference is either to John Putnam or his eldest son Thomas. It was in 1640 that John Putnam settled in Salem. There is no record of his having been in any other part of New England prior to his appearence in Salem. His son Thomas first s ettled in Lynn, and his coming thought to have preceded his father’s. In 1685/86, Nathaniel Putnam deposed that he was aged sixty-five years and had lived in Salem for forty-six years, and his brother John made a like statement, giving his age as fifty-eight years and his residence in Salem as about forty -five years

Children of Priscilla and John:

i. Elizabeth Putnam b: DEC 1612 in Aston, Abbots, Buckinhamshire, England; m. her first cousin Nathaniel Gould His parents were John GOULD Sr.  and Judith LANGLEY d. died in Salem, Essex, Massachusetts.

Nathan Gould’s children were born in some cases as late as the 1670’s when Elizabeth Putnam (born in 1612) would have been in her 60s! I doubt she was still birthing children that late in life. Based on thefact that Elizabeth Putnam was born in 1612 she probably would not have been having children much later than 1655 when she would have turned age 43.

Does anyone have any proof that Nathan Gould did indeed marry Elizabeth Putnam? Perhaps it was a different (and younger) Elizabeth Putnam that married Nathan Gould.

Also, can anyone state for sure who Priscilla (Gould) Putnam’s motherwas. Priscilla (Gould) Putnam is the mother of Elizabeth Putnam whowas born in 1612. She is also the wife of John Putnam who founded the Putnam family in Salem, Mass.  Some genealogists have Priscilla’s parents as Richard Gould and Elizabeth Young.

Children of Nathaniel and Elizabeth

a. Nathan Gould b: ABT 1657 in Amesbury, Essex, Mass.

b. Mary Gould b: 24 JUN 1661 in Salisbury, Essex, Mass; m. Joseph Jones 23 OCT 1684 in Amesbury, Mass; d. 1714

c. Elizabeth Gould b: 4 APR 1664 in Salisbury, Mass.

d. Samuel Gould b: 3 FEB 1667 in Amesbury, Mass.; m. Sarah Rowell 6 APR 1693; d. 9 JAN 1726

e. Joseph Gould b: 28 AUG 1670 in Amesbury, Mass.

f. Hannah Gould b: 13 MAY 1675 in Amesbury, Mass. ; m. John Kimball; d. Aft 1740

ii. Lt Thomas Putnam bapt.  7 Mar 1614/15 in Aston, Abbots, Buckinghamshir, England; m1. Prudence Ann Holyoke 17 Aau 1643 in Lynn, Essex County, Massa; Her parents were Edward Holyoke and Prudence Stockton Her brother Captain Elizur Holyoke (wiki) (c. 1624 – 1676) of Springfield, Massachusetts was the namesake of the mountain, Mount Holyoke, and (indirectly), of the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts..  m2. Mary Veren 14 SEP 1666 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

Lt. Thomas Putnam was an inhibitant of Lynn, Mass. in 1640; freeman 1642; one of seven men (selectmen) of Lynn in 1643.
The town of Salem, Mass. granted to him, 20-1 1-1640, “fifty acres [of upland] and five acres of meddow.” This was at the same time that his father, John Putnam, received a grant of one hundred acres from the town (“in exchange of one-hundred acres formerly granted to him”). 11th, 9 mo., 1648 he was “Chosen for Gran-Juryman” in Salem, and 10-10-16 55 was chosen constable of Salem Thomas Putnam was also the first parish clerk at Salem Village and was prominent in the local military and ecclesiatical, as well as town affairs.

Thomas Putnam wrote a very fine hand and had evidently received a good education, as had his brothers. In 1679 he gives to the Rev. James Barley, upon his retirement from the ministry at Salem Village, three acres of meadow. During the long dispute over Barley at the Village, Thomas and John seem to have supported Barley, while Nathaniel was in opposition.
Thomas Putnam during a number of years held, besides the offices above mentioned, the various positions of “Layer out of Highways,””Inspector of Bridges,” “to care for rates for the minister,” etc.

When on Oct  8, 1672, the General Court permitted the imhibitants of Salem Farms to become a separate parish, he was made chairman of the committee chosen to carry on the affairs of the parish (11 Nov 1672), and on 25 Nov 1680, it was voted “that Lt. Thomas Putnam and Jonathan Wolcott supply the place of deacons for ensueing;” they were continued in office 27 Dec 1681. This is the first mention of deacons in the Village records.

In 1682 occurs the first list of tax -payers at the Village. There are ninety-four names on this list. Lt. Thomas Putnam was by far the wealthist in the “Village” or “Farms.” Besides inheriting a double portion of his father’s estate, ( he by his marriage with widow Mary Veren) came into possesion of considerable property in Jamaica and Barbadoes. The homestead of Thomas although much enlarged is still standing and is now known as the “General Israel Putnam house.” This house is situated a little east of Hathorne’s Hill in the northernpart of Danvers, not far from the Asylum, and was occupied by his widow in 1692. Here also his son Joseph lived during his opposition to the
witchcraft proceedings.

Putnam House Side View -- Thomas' house is still in existence. It was later owned by his grandson Major General Israel, Putnam

There was also a town residence in Salem situated on the north side of Essex street extending back to North River, its front on Essex Street embraced the western part of the grounds now occupied by the North Church

Children of Lt Thomas and  Prudence Ann Holyoke

a. Ann Putnam b: 25 JUN 1645 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

b. Sarah Putnam b: 1648

c. Mary Putnam b: 17 AUG 1649 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

d. Thomas Putnam (wiki) b: 12 JAN 1652 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

e. Edward Putnam b: 4 MAY 1654 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

f. Deliverance Putnam b: 5 JUL 1656 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

g. Elizabeth Putnam b: 30 JUN 1659 in Salem, Essex, Mass.

h. Prudence Putnam b: 28 DEC 1661 in Salem Village, Essex, Mass.

Children of Lt. Thomas and Mary Veren

i. Joseph Putnam b: 14 SEP 1669 in Salem, Essex, Mass. (father of Major General Israel Putnam (Wiki) )

j. Ann Putnam b: 7 JUN 1668 in Salem Village, Mass.

Lt Thomas Putnam’s first son (d.) Thomas Putnam (wiki) (1652 – 1699)

Thomas was a resident of Salem Village (present-day Danvers, Mass.) and a significant accuser in the notorious 1692 Salem witch trials. He married Ann Carr.  Son of one of Salem’s wealthiest residents, he was excluded from major inheritances by both his father and father-in-law. His half brother, who had benefited most from their father’s estate, married into the rival Preston family, fueling ill will between the clans. Putnam, his wife, and his daughter, all levied accusations of witchcraft, many of them against members of the Preston family, and testified at the trials.

Ann Carr Putnam by Kristie Alley

Thomas’ granddaughter Ann Putnam Jr. (Wiki) (1679 – 1716), along with Elizabeth “Betty” ParrisMary Walcott and Abigail Williams, was an important witness at the Salem Witch Trials She was friends with some of the girls who claimed to be afflicted by witchcraft and, in March 1692, proclaimed to be afflicted herself.

In 1706, Ann Putnam publicly apologized for the part she had played in the witch trials. Some historians have speculated that her parents, Thomas and Ann (Carr), Sr., coerced Putnam to accuse those they were feuding with or sought revenge on. Many of the accused had some sort of relationship with the powerful Putnam family. When her parents died in 1699, Putnam was left to raise her nine siblings aged 7 months to 16 years. Putnam never married.

Lt Thomas Putnam’s second son (e.) Edward Putnam (b. 4 JUL 1654 in Salem Village, Mass – d. 10 MAR 1747 in Salem Village, Mass) married Mary Hutchinson Hale 14 JUN 1681 in Salem, Mass.

Deacon Edward Putnam was a man much respected and loved by his neighbors. He was made freeman in 1690, and on Dec 3, 1690, was chosen deacon of the First Church in Danvers. His name stands second in the list of deacons, Nathaniel Ingersoll having been appointed on Dec 1, 1690. From 1690 to 1876, 186 years, there have been in all twenty-five deacons in this church, of whom fourteen have been Putnams.

Like all his family, he was a farmer, and in his will styled himself”yeoman.” His farm was in what is now known as Middleton, but in the last years of his life he occupied a house not far from the church at the village.

During the witchcraft troubles he was a member of the party which brought charges against so many innocent people. His whole course,however, shows that he acted only as he believed was right and goodfor the community. As soon as the girls were declared bewitched, he repaired the house of his brother and there proceeded to examine them in order to ascertain whether or not they were truthful in their declarations. His own innocence of all wrong is shown by the ease with which he was deceived. After a thorough examination he was convinced that the girls were bewitched and then did what he considered his duty.

One woman he accused was Sarah Osborne (wiki). Born in Watertown, Massachusetts in about 1643, Sarah Warren married Robert Prince, a Salem Villager who purchased a 150-acre farm next to Captain John Putnam’s. Putnam was Prince’s neighbor and also his brother-in-law and the executor (along with Thomas Putnam) of his will. When Prince died prematurely in 1674, he left his land entrusted to his wife Sarah with the provision that upon their coming of age, it be given to his and Sarah’s two sons — James, who was six-years-old at the time, and Joseph, who was two. However, soon after her husband’s death, Sarah hired an indentured Irish immigrant by the name of Alexander Osborne as a farm hand and paid off his indenture. Rumors spread about Sarah and Alexander’s living together and eventually the two were married. Sarah, then attempted to overtake her children’s inheritance and seize control of the estate for herself and her new husband, thus breaking her deceased husband’s will. Legal battles ensued between Osborne and her children, who were the rightful heirs of Prince’s land and were defended by the Putnams. Such conflict continued until February of 1692 when Sarah Osborne became one of the first three persons accused of witchcraft in Salem.

Sarah was accused by Thomas and Edward Putnam, Joseph Hutchinson, and Thomas Preston for afflicting Ann Putnam, Jr., Betty Parris, Abigail Williams, and Elizabeth Hubbard. Unlike the other two women accused with her, Tituba and Sarah Good, Osborne never confessed to witchcraft nor attempted to accuse anyone else. In her own defense, she was the first defendant to assert in her defense the theological claim that the devil could take the shape of another person without their compliance — a view that eventually prevailed and helped bring the Salem trials to a halt. Nonetheless, Osborne never came to trial because she died, shackled in prison on May 10, 1692 at the age of 49.

It was somewhat rare in those days to find men with any literary ability outside of the ministry, but Edward had had a good education and was evidently fond of his books and of writing. He expressed himself in a rather ornate style of language.

Deacon Edward was also the first historian and genealogist of the Putnam. His account written in 1733 is the basis upon which all of like nature have been founded. From this period is traced the tradition of the emigration in 1634, although the records would point to a later date (1640).

For many interesting facts concerning Deacon Edward Putnam and hisgeneration, the reader is referred to “Upham’s Witchcraft.”

Lt Thomas Putnam’s thrid son (i.)  Joseph Putnam (b. 14 Sep 1669 Salem – d. 1724 Salem,) married Elizabeth Porter 21 Apr 1690 in Salem, Essex, Mass. Their son Major General Israel Putnam (Wiki) (January 7, 1718 – May 29, 1790) was an American army general and Freemason who fought with distinction at the Battle of Bunker Hill (1775) during the American Revolutionary War His reckless courage and fighting spirit were known far beyond Connecticut’s borders through the circulation of folk legends celebrating his exploits.

Joseph Putnam will always be remembered for his opposition to Mr. Parris and the witchcraft trials. The position which he took couldonly have been maintained by one who, like himself, was allied with the principal families of the county. He opposed from first to last the proceedings which disgraced Danvers and his immediate relatives and friends. This was a source of peril to even him, however, and for six months, one of his fleetest horses was kept saddled, ready at amoment’s notice, should an attempt be made to seize his person. This fact was well known and it was also known that he would resist every attempt of that nature, even though it cost the lives of those who came to take him. It is a significant fact that his children were baptized in Salem, this being a very public manner of showing his disapprobation of the course followed by Mr. Parris.

The romantic tale of a sister of Joseph Putnam being accused of witchcraft at a session of the Court to which she had been drawn by curiosity, and her flight and concealment in Middleton woods, is entiely without foundation. Mr.Tarbox in his History of General Israel Putnam quotes from Mr. Rice, but however thrilling and interesting a story this account may be, it has absolutely no foundation.

Major General Israel Putnam

His birthplace, Putnam House, still exists. In 1740, at the age of 22, he moved to Mortlake (now Pomfret) in northeastern Connecticut where land was cheaper and easier to obtain.

According to oral tradition Putnam in his youth killed the last wolf in Connecticut with the help of a group of farmers from Mortlake. The tradition describes Putnam crawling into a tiny den with a torch, a musket, and his feet secured with rope as to be quickly pulled out of the den. While in the den, he allegedly killed the she-wolf, making sheep farming in Mortlake safe. There is a section of the Mashamoquet Brook State Park in modern day Pomfret named “Wolf Den” (which includes the ‘den’ itself), as well as a “Wolf Den Road” in Brooklyn, Connecticut..

iii. John Putnam b: JUL 1617 in England; m. Rebecca Prince 3 SEP 1652 in Salem, Mass; d. 7 APR 1710 in Salem Village (now Danvers), Essex, Mass.

Like his father, John was active in having Salem Village made into aseparate town, later to be called Danvers, He became a Captain in the Town Horse Troop by 1687. In 1681 he was a Selectman. He was a large landholder and a Farmer.

iv. Nathaniel Putnam b: OCT 1619 in Aston, Abbots, Buckinghamshir, England; m. Elizabeth Hutchinson 1652; d. 23 JUL 1700 in Salem Village, Mass.

George Palmer Putnam (1814-1872) Book publisher was Nathaniel’s 4th Great Grandson

Admitted to Church, Salem Village 1648
Constable 1656
Deputy to General Court 1691

He was a leader in the witchcraft hysteria, but supported Rebecca Nurse

Received a fourth part of his fathers estate and his wife had brought him 75 acres of land. Nathaniel was deputy to the General Court. He had great business activity and ability, and was a person ofextraordinary powers of mind, of great energy and skill in themanagement of affairs, and of singular sacagity, acumen and quicknessof perception.

Nathaniel Putnam , one of three influential immigrant brothers, became head of the prominent Putnam family of Danvers, MA after his brother Thomas died in 1686. Nathaniel was smart, perceptive and energetic,very active in business and skilled at it. With his father John Putnam, Nathaniel left Aston Abbots, Buckinghamshire, England about 1634 and came to New England. He married Elizabeth Hutchinson in 1651. Before 1673, he and his brother John invested in an ironworks on lands they owned in nearby Rowley. When the financially-troubled enterprise burned in 1674, they sued the managers for negligence. For years, Nathaniel joined his neighbors in protesting that Salem Village (“theFarms,” later Danvers) was too far away from Salem for its men to be expected to share in mandatory guard duty there. For that and other reasons, he wanted Danvers to become independent from the town of Salem. In 1669 a Salem court ordered him to apologize publicly over this issue or pay a fine of 20 pounds.

In 1681, second in wealth only to his brother Thomas, Nathaniel was taxed 9 pounds 10 shillings, while Francis Nourse was only taxed 18 shillings and Samuel Nourse and John Tarbell were each taxed one pound four shillings. He lived on 75 acres acquired from his father-in-law Richard Hutchinson. Even after Danvers built its own church in 1672,(Nathaniel served on the first building committee), a Salem constable seized two and a half acres from his front yard because he refused to pay taxes to support the Salem congregation. He was a steadfast servant to the Danvers church. With his relatives and neighbors (but not his wife), he put his stubby signature on the first Danvers church covenant on Nov. 19, 1689.

Nathaniel knew the Nourses for forty years. His land holdings bordered on the Nourses to the south, and the two families bickered about the property line. Yet when Rebecca Nourse was accused of witchcraft by some of his Putnam relatives, Nathaniel defended her, writing to the court, “She hath brought up a great family of children and educatedthem well, so that there is in some of them apparent savor ofgodliness.” Thirty other neighbors signed a similar letter.

(Complaint v. Elizabeth Fosdick and Elizabeth Paine)
Salem May the. 30th 1692
Lt Nathaniell Putnam and Joseph Whipple of Salem Village made Complaint in behalfe of their Majest’s against Elizabeth fosdick of [Charlstown] Maulden the wife of John Fosdick. afore’d Carpenter And Elizabeth Paine of #[Maulden] Charlstown the wife of Stephen Paine of s’d place husbandman for sundry acts of Witchcraft by them Committed Lately on the Bodys of Marcy Lewis and Mary Warren of Salem Village or farmes to theire great hurt therefore Craves Justice.
*Nathanell Putnam
*Joseph Whipple

v.Sara Putnam b: 7 MAR 1622/23 in Aston Abbotts, Buckinghamshire, England.; d. 1680
Salem, Essex, Mass.

vi. Phebe Putnam b: 28 Jul 1624 Aston Abbotts, Buckinghamshire, England; d. 30 Apr 1630
Salem Village, Essex, Mass

vii. John Putnam b: 27 MAY 1627 in Aston, Abbots, Buckinghamshir, England

viii. Sarah Putnam b: ABT 1623 c: 7 MAR 1623 in Aston Abbots, Buckinghamshire, England


This entry was posted in Line - Shaw, Witch Trials and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Richard Gould

  1. Pingback: John Gould Sr. | Miner Descent

  2. Pingback: John Perkins | Miner Descent

  3. Pingback: Capt. Robert Andrews | Miner Descent

  4. Pingback: Witch Trials – Accusers | Miner Descent

  5. Randy Redington says:

    I am Randy Redington, supposedly I am tied to John Redington of Topsfield, who married Mary Gould. In some of the many fragments of info I have come across online, it was suggested that Zaccheus Gould and John Redington families may have traveled to the US together. It would be interesting to learn if this is true, and to find what ship they might have traveled in.

  6. Zaccheus Gould and Phebe Deacon were my 9 x great grandparents. Thank you for all of your research!

  7. ilaap18 says:

    Right-minded started new conjure up:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s