Joseph WEBBER Sr. (1697 – 1744) was Alex’s 7th Great Grandfather; one of 256 in this generation of the Shaw line.
Joseph Webber Sr. was born in 1697 in Gloucester, Mass. His parents were Samuel WEBBER and Deborah LITTLEFIELD. He married Mary LEWIS on 13 Apr 1726 in York Maine. Joseph died in 1744.
Mary Lewis was born 29 Jan 1705. Her parents were Andrew LEWIS and Mary HUTCHINS. After Joseph died, she married Elias Weare on 29 Jun 1753. Elias was Joseph Webber’s step-nephew, but there was no blood relation.
An Elias Weare & Mary Webber had three sons:- John Weare b.1760. Joseph Weare. James Weare b.23 Nov 1766, but
Elias Weare was born 10 Jan 1699 in York, York, Maine. His parents were Elias Weare and Magdeline Hilton. After her first two husbands were killed in Indian attacks, Magdeline married as her third husband Joseph’s older brother John Webber in 1709. She first married Elias died 29 Jun 1788 Wells, York, Maine.
Children of Joseph and Mary:
|1.||Joseph Webber Jr.||24 Jul 1727 York, Maine||Sarah Sedgeley
10 Jan 1754 York, Maine
|1796 ? Maine|
|2.||Charles B. WEBBER||Jan 1741 Old York, Maine||Hannah CALL
Sarah Smiley 1782?
|20 Nov 1819 Vassalboro, ME|
|3.||Matthias Webber||Jun 1744||Unknown Wife||12 Nov 1815|
Joseph was mentioned in his mother’s 1737 will, but died before May 19, 1753, when “widow Mary” (presumably his) recorded intentions to marry Elias Weare. Joseph, was given lands by his mother, 3 Jan 1726; bought land of his brother John and sold it to Aaron Banks, July 6, 1730; sold land to Andrew Westcott, July 22, 1730;
There were several men named Elias Weare who intermarried with the Webbers. Very confusing, so I’ll try to sort it out.
1. Elias Weare was born 5 Apr 1672 in York, York, Maine. He married Magdeline Hilton He was killed by Indians 10 Aug 1707 in York, York, Maine. Later, Magdeline, as her third husband, married [this Joseph Webber Sr.’s brother] John Webber .
2. Elias Wear was born 10 Jan 1699 in York, York, Maine. His parents were Elias Weare1, Magdalene Hilton. He married 27 Dec 1722 – Gloucester, Essex, Mass. to Elizabeth Sayward. Many sites state that he on this same date, he married the same Mary Webber that married his brother Joseph. Maybe he really married late in life to Mary Lewis Webber on 19 May 1753. Elias2 did not have any children of the same name. Elias2 died 29 Jun 1788 – Wells, York, Maine.
3. Elias Wear was born 6 Mar 1731 in York, York, Maine. His parents were Joseph Weare, Mary Webber. His maternal grandparents were Samuel Webber Jr. and Elizabeth Young and his maternal great grandparents were Samuel Webber Sr. and Deborah Littlefield. Some say it was this Elias that married Mary Webber in 1754 before he married Ruth. He married Ruth Banks Apr 1760 – York, York, Maine, Elias3 died 23 Feb 1809 in Clements, Annapolis, Nova Scotia, Canada.
1. Joseph Webber Jr. (See his page)
2. Charles B. WEBBER (See his page)
3. Matthias Webber
In the 1790 census, a Matthias Webber was living in York, York, Maine head of a household of 4, 2 males over sixteen and 2 females. In the 1800 census,and 1810 census a Mathias Webber was still living in York.
Pingback: Missing Parents | Miner Descent
Pingback: Samuel Webber | Miner Descent
Pingback: Andrew Lewis | Miner Descent
Pingback: Joseph Webber Jr. | Miner Descent
Pingback: John Littlefield | Miner Descent
Pingback: Charles Webber | Miner Descent
Pingback: Samuel Webber | Miner Descent
JOSEPH WEBBER Is SON OFTHOMAS AND MARY PARKER WEBBER
I HAVE THE CORRECT PARKER LINE!!!AS THERE ARE 2 JOHN PARKERS ABT THE SAME TIME.
Hi Howard, I have Thomas Webber and Mary Parker as Joseph’s grandparents. Mary would have been 50 when Joseph was born in 1689.
ALSO FOR THE WEBBER LINE
SAME GOES FOR LEWIS,LITTLEFIELD
The dates in this recap are wack-a-doodle. Mary Lewis is bearing Weare children at 55 and 61? Huge age difference among Josep’s kids? I’m starting to buy the other theory for Charles’ parentage – i.e. John, John, Thomas. Sure could use some primary sources.
In the meantime, your site is great – interesting, complex – wish I could do that without getting headaches on my headaches.